What is the THRIVE Agenda?
The Transform, Heal, and Renew by Investing in a Vibrant Economy (THRIVE) Agenda is a framework for our recovery that acknowledges that we are not just facing one crisis with COVID-19, but the intersecting crises of catastrophic climate change, racial injustice, public health, and economic inequality. Our vision is to use this moment to radically reshape our economy by grounding it in climate, jobs, and justice.
The THRIVE Resolution, as introduced by Sen. Ed Markey, outlines these eight key frameworks that any COVID recovery package must work towards:
- Create millions of good, safe jobs.
- Build worker power to fight inequality.
- Invest in Black, Brown, and Indigenous communities to counteract racial and gender injustice and build the power that they deserve.
- Strengthen and heal the nation to nation relationship with Indigenous nations.
- Combat environmental injustice and ensure healthy lives for all.
- Avert climate and environmental catastrophe.
- Ensure fairness for working people and communities, particularly in industries and regions in economic transition or crisis due to COVID-19, climate change, and other economic shocks and shifts.
- Reinvest in the public sector and establish public institutions to get the job done.
(edited from the Indivisible Guide)
Sens. Schumer and Gillibrand are co-sponsors. We now need Rep. Delgado to sign on as well! The ask:
Hi, my name is [your name], and I’m a constituent of Congressman Delgado’s from [town, county]. I want to thank him for his vigorous support of President Biden’s American Rescue Plan. Now, I’m calling to urge him to work equally hard to pass Biden’s American Jobs Act (AJA) and join Senators Schumer and Gillibrand in co-sponsoring the THRIVE agenda.
Together, AJA and THRIVE will:
— create sustainable jobs for the next decade,
— build infrastructure (water, road, bridges, power, broadband, etc.) that heals, not harms, our environment, and
— diminish, not widen, economic inequality.
In contrast to the previous administration, the AJA and THRIVE agenda will invest sustainably in nearly every community around the country, including ours.We have passed the moment for incremental and piecemeal solutions. It is time to invest in our communities. The AJA and THRIVE agenda give me hope for the future of our country [perhaps add a personal comment]. I urge Congressman Delgado to voice his support for them. Thank you.