Shameless borrow from Pod Save America’s “How to Increase Voter Turnout” quiz:
A. What is the single best way to turnout voters?
- Door to door contact with live voters
- Russian operatives
- Wear sweatpants with “Resist” on the bottom
B. When campaigns don’t have enough volunteers to make phone calls, what do they most frequently resort to using?
- Carrier pigeons
- Chain letters
C. Which of these is NOT a scientifically proven messaging technique to turnout voters?
- Asking voters if they have a plan to vote on Election Day (the “self prophecy” effect)
- Social pressure (“a high turnout is expected”)
- Appeal to virtue of character (“how important is it for you to be a voter in this election”?)
- Repeat the words “civic duty” multiple times
D. If you’ve donated a ton of money to help fund your candidate’s TV ads, why should you still do voter outreach?
- There’s little evidence that TV ads work unless right before the election (and to make a lot of consultants rich)
- If you’ve got the time to watch “The Great British Baking Show”, you’ve got the time to hit the streets
- You can’t rely on others to be the boots on the ground
- You will meet the love of your life at a door
B. (3) although research shows only 1 out of 900 calls turn out a voter, bd 25x more effective.
D. all the above